Welcome to the campus where nearly any interest you have has a club or sport or extracurricular activity to match. We're an all-girls school, but you'll find boys in some of the classes since we share with the all-boys school next door to our campus. We stress academic excellence, but our artists, musicians, and athletic teams are among the best around. We are a Catholic school, but you don't have to be a Catholic to enroll. What's happening here is something for everyone!
Student Activities. St. Agnes boasts more than 40 student organizations that encourage talents, satisfy curiosity and develop leadership. The school's fine art program offers opportunities in art, vocal and instrumental music, drama and dance. From intramural sports to Student Council, students find a place where their gifts are appreciated.
Do you . . .
. . . sing or play a musical instrument?
Become a member of the Mixed Chorus or Strake Jesuit/St. Agnes band and orchestra or take private lessons on your own.
. . . yearn to perform on stage?
Audition for one of the many plays and musicals produced at St. Agnes, St. Thomas and Strake Jesuit, or volunteer to help behind the scenes as a member of the crew.
. . . love to draw or paint?
Join the Art Club, or submit your artwork to one of the art shows our students successfully compete in every year.
. . . want to publish your writing or photographs?
SAA's newspaper The Columns and The SAA Buzz online newspaper welcome contributions, or you can join the staff of our award-winning yearbook, Veritas.
. . . like helping others?
Service opportunities are available to you through many student organizations. Our juniors and seniors pledge volunteer hours to organizations for their service projects.
. . . dream of becoming a cheerleader or dancer?
You can try out for the St. Thomas or Strake Jesuit cheerleading squads or our own Remix Dance Team!
St. Agnes provides many ways for students to become their best possible self and feel at home. Here are just a few...
- During Welcome Week, seniors welcome the new ninth graders into the St. Agnes community by adopting them as "little sisters" and participating in fun activities all week.
- Diversity Week, sponsored by the Diversity Club, is designed to encourage our students' understanding of different cultures and people.
- St. Agnes and Strake Jesuit sponsor several dances every year, giving students the chance to socialize with friends and meet students from other schools.
- Our Campus Ministry team helps plan class retreats, community service projects and school liturgies in striving to develop a strong peer ministry program that encourages students to develop and explore their faith.
- Each grade level meets together off campus on retreat for at least an entire school day, providing the opportunity to become better acquainted with classmates.
- The Close-Up and Harvard Model Congress trips offer students an opportunity to experience government in action firsthand.