St. Agnes Alumnae Class Challenge
The 2017 Challenge is on!
The 2017 Alumnae Class Challenge is happening now through June 30, 2017!
When we all do what we can, we all
benefit from a stronger St. Agnes Academy. Each gift touches our entire
community. Thank you for your commitment to the growth of current and future
students and the programs that support them.
Sr. Jane Meyer, O.P., Head of School
and the entire St. Agnes community
CLICK HERE to make a gift to the Academy Fund. Your donation can be made in honor of a friend, classmate, or teacher.
See how YOUR class is doing and thank your classmates!
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHO HAS ALREADY DONATED.
About the Class Challenge:
The Class Challenge is
a friendly competition between classes for highest donor participation and
amount given to the St. Agnes. All gifts alumnae give from July 1 - June 30, of the current calendar year count towards that year’s Class Challenge. The Class Challenge push runs for five months, but you are welcome to contribute to the Academy Fun at any time.
NEW FOR 2017!
The Class Challenge will now l be broken into three class year categories:
Fannin Street Challenge (1963 – 1940 and older: those that attended the Fannin Street campus)
Bellaire Challenge (1964- 2010: those that attended the Bellaire campus)
Five-Out Challenge (2011-2016: those that are currently in their college to fledgling career years)
The average size of a St. Agnes alumnae class is 119. If you break that down into eras, the average class size is much different:
Fannin Street (1963 – 1940) average class size: 55
Bellaire (1964- 2010) average class size: 140
Five-Out (2011-2016) average class size: 208
Because the Class Challenge rankings are by percentage, it makes sense to break it into eras, so it is a fair and balanced competition.
Awards go to the highest class participation in overall giving, and highest amount raised towards the Academy Fund, for each era. Class Challenge champions will receive their own commemorative pavers on campus, and recognition at the 2017 All School Reunion Awards Ceremony, as well as in Academy Connections, on the SAA web site, and in Veritas Magazine.
We also award bragging rights to those that win their decade! The decade with the highest class participation from the '40's, '50's, '60's, '70's, '80's, '90's, and '00's will be announced via Academy Connections, on the SAA web site, and in Veritas Magazine.
ST. AGNES 365
We invite all alumnae to join us in giving to St. Agnes 365 – our recurring giving program. St. Agnes 365 is a way for you to donate back to St. Agnes monthly or annually. Your selected amount will be charged to your credit card at the frequency you choose, and can be changed or stopped at any time. A gift on a monthly basis can make a big impact for our students 365 days a year.
Recurring gifts are an easy way to make a difference that works for your budget and schedule. For example, the national median alum gift for school's like St. Agnes is $300. That is $25 a month to ensure the St. Agnes mission continues to grow stronger and stronger. A gift of $15 a month would be $180 to St. Agnes every year and a gift of $10 a month would be $120 annually. Every gift made to the Class Challenge directly benefits our Academy women immediately.
How does St. Agnes 365 work?
Set up your gift one time using our secure on-line giving form or mailing in the form you received, and it will automatically deduct from your credit or debit card according to your preferences, including:
Click here to see who has already joined St. Agnes 365.
- Frequency – monthly or annually
- Your card will be charged on the 1st of the month.
- Amount to be deducted per payment.
- You will receive an annual tax receipt summarizing your gifts.
- Stop or adjust your gift at any time by calling 713.219.5404 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about your recurring gift, contact the Annual Giving office by calling 713.219.5404 or emailing email@example.com. Your recurring donation is secure and flexible.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Gifts to St. Agnes are tax deductible! Make St. Agnes a part of your annual charitable giving.
- One out of every 10 students at St. Agnes is on financial aid?
- St. Agnes spends more than million dollars on financial aid? By admitting deserving students despite their family financial needs, we keep our classrooms creative, diverse, and collaborative.
- Alumnae can truly make a difference by providing necessary funds for students who would otherwise not be able to attend St. Agnes?
- Your company may match your gift? Ask your company, or click here to see a list of eligible matching companies.
CONGRATULATIONS 2016 CLASS CHALLENGE WINNERS:
PARTICIPATION - CLASS OF 1975
AMOUNT GIVEN TO THE ACADEMY FUND - CLASS OF 1980
ST. AGNES 365 WINNER - CLASS OF 2007